Acceptable Personal Use of Resources and Assets Policy
Explaining what is acceptable use of resources and assets provided by us, including IT facilities and covering personal use
Policy points are numbered. The numbering corresponds to explanations of ‘why?’ and ‘how?’ for each point further down the page.
What must I do?
1. MUST: You must use our facilities economically; your personal use must not create extra costs for us
2. MUST NOT: You must not use our facilities to undertake any unlawful, libellous, immoral or offensive activities, including accessing, downloading, storing, creating, copying or disseminating offensive material. This includes, but is not limited to, pornographic, sexual, violent or criminal content and racist, sexist or otherwise discriminatory material
3. MUST NOT: Personal use must not interfere with your productivity and how you carry out your duties
4. MUST NOT: Personal use must not reflect adversely on our reputation
5. MUST NOT: You must not leave personal-use websites open during your working time, even if they are minimised on your screen and you are not actively viewing/ using them
6. MUST NOT: You must not use browsers or access/ attempt to access sites that are knowingly unacceptable, even if this is in your own time
7. MUST NOT: You must not send or forward chain, joke or spam emails
8. MUST NOT: You must not use the Organisation’s facilities for commercial purposes not approved by us or for personal financial gain
9. MUST NOT: You must not use your access rights or identity as an employee to mislead another person, for personal gain or in any other way which is inconsistent with your role
10. MUST NOT: You must not disclose (in writing, speech or electronically) information held by us unless you are authorised to do so, and the recipients are authorised to receive it
11. MUST NOT: When you print, photocopy, scan or fax official-sensitive information, you must not leave the information unattended.
12. MUST NOT: You must not connect any equipment to our IT network that has not been approved
13. MUST NOT: You must not do anything that would compromise the security of the information held by us, such as downloading/ spreading any harmful virus/ program or disabling or changing standard security settings
14. MUST NOT: You must not make personal use of the information available to you that is not available to the public
Why must I do it?
1. ALL: To ensure we use our IT and other facilities resources effectively, making sure that our reputation is maintained and to ensure that staff working time is used efficiently on delivering our business outcomes.
How must I do it?
What if I need to do something against the policy?
If you believe you have a valid business reason for an exception to these policy points, having read and understood the reasons why they are in place, please raise a formal request by contacting Walesby C of E Primary School DPO Mrs J Marshall firstname.lastname@example.org;
Adapted by Walesby C of E Primary School
Date approved: Monday 4th June 2018
Approved by: Walesby C of E Primary School Full Governing Body
Next review: Tuesday 4th June 2018
Breaches of Information Policies will be investigated and may result in disciplinary action. Serious breaches of Policy may be considered gross misconduct and result in dismissal without notice, or legal action being taken against you.